07 January, 2011

Return to Terminal 5

My flight was cancelled the following morning, what a surprise and the hotel agreed to let my stay another night without any problems.

I got yet another rebooking for the upcoming night. Same time, just a day later. I was supposed to leave the hotel the next day at 12.00am and that was fine.

The next morning came and my flight was cancelled once again. I was getting really sick of all of this and much to my pleasure, the rebooking didn’t work anymore. The website of British Airways kept crashing regularly ever since Saturday and I was told to call my travel agent.

Turned out they couldn’t access my flight details either because BA blocked them! I couldn’t rebook and my hotel kicked me out because BA didn’t confirm my cancellation. I was told to call the hotline to get another voucher. Calling the hotline was useless cause they effused the call right from the start, let alone the fact that they charged you for the call!

I had no choice but to leave the hotel, I didn’t have the money to pay for the hotel myself, and spent the say with all my damn luggage in rainy London. Couldn’t take it anymore and went back to the airport in the afternoon because I was running out of options.

I was totally shattered by the time I was back in Terminal 5. Sleeping on the cold stone floor made me ill again and I was suffering from a bad cold at that time!!! Finally, I found someone to help me. I got a rebooking for Wednesday but the closest to Dusseldorf I got was Brussels… I had no chance but accepting this.

After that, I went back to the cold stone floor, trying to rest at least a little bit…

No comments:

Post a Comment